Saturday, January 29, 2011

Everybody needs a hand

Ahhhh...It's saturday and I am not planning to work...well other than do this blog here. Not really a work but sometimes feels a bit like one of those things that you have to do. Doesn't mean that I don't like doing it, it just gets in the way sometimes. Today will mostly be spend in my living room relaxing with pretty books...not the kind with words in them...picture books. Vinyls will be played and hopefully I will be able to squeeze in a bit of Call Of Duty, Black Ops in as well. So far I have only played it with the gang so I feel it is time for some mission action.
This week was a tough bastard to get through. For a long time I have managed to keep the pains away. Tattooers knows what I am talking about. The back pains, the muscle pains, the wrist pains and the hand pains but this week I guess I did something wrong and it resulted in a few days of intense back pains. Still had to work and I think in an attempt to not overwork my back I used some other muscles in a wrong way that moved the pain to my arms. This for me is reason enough to take a couch day off. I do have piles of drawing ideas, piles of started sketches, almost done tshirt designs and paintings to be done but thet will all have to wait a bit. There is a full week of tattooing in front of me so I better charge a bit before starting again.

Well that was enough complaining, don't you think?
Now for the more fun stuff. Tattoo pictures.

Martin has become an instant regular. We are almost done with his Satanic sleeve. We are waiting for some laserwork to be done so we can do the last bit. So on his latest trip down from Norway we decided to start what ended up beeing a front piece. Pictures will have to wait a bit but it includes a satanic skeleton pope and some other cool things! I also did an exception and did his hands. No that doesn't mean that YOU can get them done here as well.
Zombie on one hand and sad gypsy on the other.

This is the Straight Edge zombie so if you don't want him to eat your brain all you have to do is drink a beer or light up the joint. No intoxicated brains for this Zombie.

This here fortuneteller chick is sad because she broke her crystal ball. It's the second this month and those bad boys are expensive.

Yesterday Olaf came for his 2 second touch up and got himself a gentleman bird. My original customer had to cancel so there was an opening so why not use it for something fun?


Other pieces was started or continued but I am trying to cut back on the in progress pictures unless it is something that will take a while to finish. Well you can see a bit about one of them on Amalies blog since she got some more flowers on her leg/knee.

There will soon be some more action on the photo blog. Promise! But for now some relaxing time.

For those who have asked about my Instagram my username is Unclea.

One last thing! I need your help. Tattoo Artist Magazine has asked me to do a monthly blog post on their blog. Thing is I can't come up with anything interesting to say. Help me out here. What would you like to hear me talk about? Anything? Email me on onkelallan@gmail.com or just leave a comment but ideas will be appreciated.

See you guys later. Ya'll have a nice weekend.

9 comments:

KevinHarden said...

i would be nice to hear your ideas behind your choices in composition & flow for designing a tattoo.

Tricks, shortcuts, any little things that you do to make tattooing "easier", Little things you have picked up that you were not doing say 6 years ago.....

Unknown said...

It may be an ugly truth, but the best and most times only way out of musculoskeletal misery is...tadaaa...training! I doesn't have to be fitness centre training or stuff, but 20 mins@home 3 times a week, seriously keeps the dotor away. Just my 5 cents worth...

Martin Mentzoni said...

I smell a Straight Edge show nearby... mmmmmm... a venue full of FRESH BRAAAAAAAAAAINS!!! *Rob is coming for em!* ;D

STOKED on the story n' pics, bro:)
I'm still high on Happiness for getting my hands done by you, the UnHoly Tattooist Vader of the Dark Empire! n_n

Super-Stormtrooper-Sad to hear about your muscle pains. Hope you heal up faster then fuck n' feel like a chipmunk in a candy castle soon! Hi-5 to u, Amalie n' Lucifer from the Ice Cold Mountains of Norway, Martin Mentzoni ^^

PS; I am so FUCKIN PROUD to be carrying your Art on my hands 24/7 around the world! I am Honoured that you did an exception for ME <3
I Shall not disrespect this gift in any way! TY ^^

and the waving gangsta Cat from Japan; EPIC!!!;D

it's on my altar chillin. It says hello, so does Rphi aka Ronnie. We'll be seeing you next month, bro. Hi-5!

MM96

Flora Amalie said...

Altså, jeg synes du skulle skrive om hvad din yndlings farve er. Og om hvad du bedst kan lide; ligers eller drager!

-Straight Edge Photography- said...

Hola Allan

In terms of your tattoo mag blog. I would love to hear how music and other artforms (travels, photography, food etc) has shaped you into what tattooist you have become during the years since you started out drawing G'N'R logos on your elementary school pals. I can see your style...or is it techique has changed a little since I met you. Not only in tattooing, this is pretty interesting (for me). Technique and materials are all what your peers wanna hear about, you and your self is all your fans wanna hear about...I am a fan dude!

xVxdx said...

Good photographs and the better tattoos. I hope I meet you somewhere on way and you do something tattoo on my skin.
Greetings and take xxx care

Anonymous said...

great pieces love that zombie hand

Unknown said...

great work, i meet the dude at the ispo show in munich yesterday.. i seeing the work at the blog and i must talk with the dude. smal world

hagen

Anonymous said...

Straight edge is the life without meat and any type of drugs and alcohol. So a straight edge zombie would die pretty fast since he couldn't eat!