Tuesday, April 13, 2010

They came from a land down under


It is time for me to try to catch up with the blogging. It's not that I don't have anything to blog about. Actually the post material keep piling up but it is more the time to do so...well I have the time but there is just so many other things to do...and also we have one computer for two bloggers. But here is the first tattoo post from this trip to Japan.

The first picture was Mel who got her.... well, jaw, tattooed. We figured out that, Japan was the only place she could get me to do it since it's against the law to do hands and above neck in Denmark and I don't do it on conventions either...sooooo, Japan it was.


Brendan came from down under to get tattooed...TWICE!! Not only that but he had recently bought one of the original animals from the print set AND he is already booked in for a sleeve in Denmark next year! Brendan you rock! See you sooner maybe!
The first day he got a little reminder of home. A koala popping out of the old globe where the heart marks the spot...home.

Second time was this pirate parrot who has the key to the monkey island treasure around it's neck...sitting on a monkey skull....arggg.. It's actually a really cool story but I don't have time to tell you all about it. Sorry!

Home is where the heart is.


...And with this piece he got him self a place in the hall of fame of troopers.


Rudin got tattooed by me here in Japan a few years ago. This guy is also from Australia. He just happened to be here again at the same time as me so why not get a new piece! Awesome


Today a bit more tattooing and consultations and hanging out with our friend Toshi.
Tomorrow maybe more posts about our many adventures so far and MAYBE news about an old project that I have finally started.
Mata neeeeeee

18 comments:

Brendan said...

Thanks again Allan, Absolutely love my new additions, Speak soon

Brendan

MinusAll said...

They all look great! I love the 'jaw' tattoo. :)

Stewy said...

Great Work!!

ELECTRIC PICK said...

AA-zzum , budsky !!!!

Elisabeth said...

The Australia tattoo is awesme.
Just so sweet and lovely.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...Roses! (Mathias)

fide-l said...

amazing.!!!!!

Jessica-Chickpea said...

Hey Allan, I'm Brendan's girlfriend and wanted to say how great I think his new pieces are from you... beautiful animals and tattoos! Good job. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Danish Guy, = )

I just wanna show you the tattoo I made. I still everything from you. I hope you dont be mad.



http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8jxHxz5Sjgs/S2ANQKhJBrI/AAAAAAAAAW4/TuCRxhjwxHo/s1600-h/10+rosett.jpg


LVGrigo.blogspot.COM

alex alex said...

Hi Allan.Tattoo on neck very cool!
Good luck in Japan!

Uncle Allan said...

Thanks guys!!
Well LVG...I stopped bothering too much about people stealing and try to focus on doing fun stuff. I just don't get why you wanna show me that you do. What's the purpose? If you even feel it is that obvious why don't you just draw it a few more times and draw it your own way? I don't understand that.

INK AND DESTROY said...

It has more soul when it comes from yourself. It really shows in your work man! People can bite styles all day, but when it comes from the heart, it can't be copied. Its obvious where your work comes from! So clean and timeless too! Love it!

Uncle Allan said...

Thanks a lot Jeffrey! Means a lot!

David Finn said...

I cant believe handjobs are illegal in Denmark, and me who was gonna try to ask Eckel for one.

ELECTRIC PICK said...

Hah ! David was gonna ask Eckel for a Handjob !! Priceless !! I leave for a little bit and now this !?!? What's going on Allan ??? What kind of shop are we running nowadays ????

P.s. LVG just asked me to ask you for your last year's worth of stencils !! If you don't mind of course !!! Tracing can be annoying after a while !



Take care out there buddy and say hi to the other Asia !!! Miss ya lots !

Eckel said...

yeah well..as i am not as busy tattooing as the others i just decided to some work under the table,if you know what i mean....

l said...

eye-octopus is fuckin' awesome!

Benny said...

Aaaaahhhh... That allseeing eye is the bees knees. :D